NEMASYS CHAFER GRUB KILLER
Nemasys® Biological Garden Chafer Grub Killer controls newly hatched larvae that attack grass roots resulting in slow growth and yellow patches on lawns.
Advantages from using Nemasys® Biological Garden Chafer Grub Killer:
- Effective biological control.
- Compatible with organic gardening.
- Easy to use, just add water.
- It does not harm earthworms.
Chafer grubs are soil-dwelling larvae of chafer beetles. Occuring in large numbers can cause considerable damage due to the grubs feeding on grass roots.
As a result, lawns develop yellow patches during the spring and summer months where the grass has died.Secondary damage is more destructive; birds, badgers and foxes are predators of chafer grubs, often tearing up the turf to feed on the grubs and consequently, leave behind an unattractive setting which can require renovation work.
Nemasys® Biological Garden Chafer Grub Killer is a safe and effective way to deal with a garden chafer grub infestation, which can only be treated using biological methods in most of Europe. There are several species of chafers but not all are susceptible to nematodes.
What is Nemasys® Biological Garden Chafer Grub Killer?
Nemasys® Biological Garden Chafer Grub Killer contains beneficial nematodes (naturally occurring microscopic worms) which seek out and kill garden chafer grubs. Nematodes attack the pest by entering natural body openings, releasing bacteria that stop the pest from feeding, which quickly and safely kill it. The nematodes then reproduce inside the dead pest and release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse and search for further prey.
To achieve the most from the nematodes:
- Apply nematodes between August and October, when young grubs are active and before the soil gets too cold.
- Mix the Nemasys® with water (following the pack instruction) and apply immediately using a watering can or a garden hose applicator, to already moist lawns, when the soil temperature is above 12°C.
- Straight after application, water the grass well so that the nematodes are washed into the soil where the chafer grubs live.
- Keep the lawn well watered for at least two weeks after application.
|Name||NEMASYS CHAFER GRUB KILLER|
|Ingredients||50 million H. BACTERIOPHORA|